Sunday, August 24, 2014

Festive Notes

Hello all you fabulous paper artists in blogland!

Choose Excellence
I am Your servant; give me understanding
(discernment and comprehension), that I may know
(discern and be familiar with the character of)
Your testimonies.
           PSALM 119:125

I was on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and found a gentleman by the name of John (bet you all know who I'm talking about), he designs some fabulous cards. This card is similar to one he created. I fell in love with it when I saw it because it makes me think of chocolate and I love chocolate. How silly is that! Any who, yes I had to case it! Think I might make a few more for Christmas.   
 Paper: Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Gold Shimmer Sheetz
 Ink: Color Box Frost White, Versa Mark WaterMark
Accessories: Spellbinders - 5 x 7 Mystical Embrace, Ranger Superfine Detail Embossing Powder, Golden Rod Stickles, Gold Ribbon, Gold Pearls, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Modern Wallpaper, Pop Dots.

Instructions: Die cut 2 card base pieces from the 5 x 7 Mystical Embrace. Take one of them and score it 1/2" down from the top. This will allow the back panel to bend instead of the front when you open the card. Adhere the two panels together at the top. Cut shimmer sheetz 2 3/8" x 4 1/2", emboss and adhere to card. Die cut oval from radiant rectangles, apply pop dots and place on card. Ink up Festive Notes stamp with white pigment ink, stamp on a piece of scrap paper then stamp onto oval and heat set. Next ink up sentiment stamp with versamark, center and stamp over Festive Notes. Apply embossing powder and heat set. For the flowers, ink up stamp with versa mark, apply embossing powder and heat set. Next, shape flowers and add gold stickles to the pedals, adhere to card and place a pearl in center. Create a bow and adhere as shown. Place some pearls around card for a finishing touch.

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments on my post, they really mean a lot!
Don't forget to stop by Heartfelt Creations Blog and check out what the other designers created for you this week.

Hope I was able to inspire you a little today and thanks very much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment